Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday Finds

Starts with F
2 Self (portrait)
3 New

The first will be the same, except we’ll work our way through the alphabet. The second and third will be different each time.
Hosted by Friday Finds and this is V4 or round 4!!!

Also playing along at ABC Wednesday



Eh to Zed


For this round of the alphabet I am going to celebrate Canada's 150 birthday by showcasing towns across the county.
To date I've been in the Maritimes with my letters. For the letter E we went to Ontario.




This week's letter is F and we're back in the Maritimes, PEI or Prince Edward Island.

French River is one of the most painted panoramas  of PEI.  I can attest to that as we have this photo framed on our living room wall.


We have fishing, fields, flowing water.





Self Portrait

This is not something I like to do but in the interests of Friday Finds I looked for a subject this week. It came in the form of an exhibit I attended with a friend.
Part of the display were  distorting fairground mirrors on the walls, and I caught this image of us, stretched and rounded in places.


New
New to me this week was this lovely pond outside a skyscraper in the financial district.



8 comments:

  1. ...PEI, another place to visit and I need one of those mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. French River...hmmm...I have to confess that it's not somewhere I know about in PEI, but perhaps I shall visit there next time we go to the island for a trip. It looks like a lovely spot. The mirror shot is a fun and amusing way to take a self portrait. Lovely pond - needs goldfish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I had a mirror that would stretch me vertically and un-round me horizontally. :)

    YAYAY! Now, I know what PEI is. It was mentioned on another post I read, but I had know clue where they were talking about. Now, I do. Thank you for teaching me something today. What a beautiful area, so colorful.

    Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Three F's, Jackie. The new header picture is nice too. I learned last week about PEI from Claire's post. We would have liked to visit this fall but with about eleven hours to have in St. John (NB) it would put the squeeze to drive up to Prince Edward Island. Perhaps another time. It will be our second to Halifax.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The island looks quite quaint. Love the self-portrait. Very fun. Beautiful pond. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Sorry I'm so late visiting. It's been a crazy week on the farm.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.