Sunday, September 11, 2016

My Recipe Box - Thai Meatballs

September 2016 - Toronto ON

I didn't take a photo of these! I had some defrosted beef that needed to be eaten so I Pinterest'ed and found many variations of Thai style meatballs, a very popular street food in Thailand.

Since I don't have a photo of the meatballs I will put in a food photo from Thailand! Our menu, our first day in Bangkok, as we select our lunch.


This would also be amazing in a Thai inspired soup!



MICHAEL SYMON'S THAI STYLE MEATBALLS

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 pounds ground Pork I used beef
1 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
Sriracha I added about a teaspoon, more next time 
1 small Jalapeno (seeded and minced) I would include some seeds OR why didn't I use the Thai peppers I specifically bought this week????
2 teaspoons Lemongrass (chopped) I had just bought a tube of lemongrass paste
1/2 Carrots (grated)
1- inch piece fresh Ginger (peeled and grated)
3 Scallions (white and green parts; finely chopped)
1/4 cup Cilantro (roughly chopped)
2 tablespoons Mint (roughly chopped) didn't add
Breadcrumbs (as needed) I used gluten free


FOR THE SAUCE:
3 tablespoons Chili Paste (such as Sambal) I used Thai red chili sauce but it isn't very hot.
3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Lime juice
2 tablespoons Sugar I forgot, maybe that is why it was so sour but oh so good!!!
3 tablespoons Fish Sauce

In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. After chopping I opted to pulse through the blender making it easier to combine with the meat.

Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a great recipe. We love Thai food. Must give this a try. I also didn't realize you could get lemon grass in a paste. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good. Gourmet Garden makes the lemongrass paste in a tube.

      Delete
  2. I think I'd go for Italian style meatballs more.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.