Saturday, July 9, 2016

Weekend Cooking

July 2016 - Toronto ON

Saturday we debated where to go and decided to have our usual lazy Saturday.
John cleaned more windows and the balcony is looking good.



Forgot to post the gluten free cheddar biscuits photo last week.




Sunday I made blueberry pancakes with blueberry jam topping that I made last week. We had already started eating when I remembered to get a photo!


We headed to the Gay Pride village for the festivities and to meet up with my cousin and her GF.
Click here for lots of photos.



Saw this painted utility box as we were going to the subway.


Monday John played golf at Royal Ontario and I went downtown. I visited the museum at Toronto's First Post Office I will post the photos on Monday.

It was certainly summer in the city as I strolled.



I spent some leisurely time visiting St. James.


Tuesday John and I went to explore around Bathurst subway station as we had spotted some murals when we were on the bus a couple of weeks ago.

It was HOT out, 31 C or 88 F but feeling like 35 or 95.



A couple of murals. I'll save the others for a Monday Mural post.





Driving down Bloor St. W


Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix keeping an eye on the patio.


Wednesday (John's weekly golf) I went downtown and stopped at Union Station for lunch.
Pork (Kunan Farm, ON) – hoisin, scallion, cucumber in a Japanese steamed bun from Momofuku. Good enough I would be tempted to go to one of their restaurants.


Wall decoration at Union.


Another booth.





I set out to see the Toronto Reference Library as I hadn't been in there in years. It was renovated in 2012.


Thursday is monthly Coffee Meet at our condo.

Friday we had a meeting downtown on the 53rd floor.
Looking south.


Looking north east there is a storm brewing but it didn't provide much really needed rain. The kinda white square in the middle is a lamp shade reflection.


Friday we actually stayed in and I cleaned house.


DINNERS

Saturday - homemade pizza - with gluten free crust.



Sunday - Steak, baked potato and coleslaw

Monday - NEW RECIPE easy Thai satay chicken John really liked it. I don't like peanut butter but it was barely noticeable. I bought the deSIAM (supposedly) spicy Thai red curry paste but it wasn't spicy at all. John says it's a recipe keeper, I'm not so sure.




Tuesday - frozen homemade cabbage rolls
Wednesday - ham, potatoes and cabbage (big ham)
Thursday - same as Wednesday
Friday - more leftovers



EATING LUNCH AROUND THE WORLD (IN TORONTO)




Vietnam Pho soup at Green Mango Boys Cloverdale
Italy pizza at Olympic Bloor/Yonge
International Burgers at Batch in Financial District
New England Clam chowder at St. Lawrence Market
Chinese General Tao Chicken at Sawtow in Chinatown (Spadina)
Thailand Thai curry soup at Noodles and Co. in TD Centre Financial District (twice)
Mexico tacos at La Carnita John St.
Poland Cafe Polonez cabbage roll, pierogis and potato latkes.
India Aroma buffet
Asian Pork won ton noodle soup
England Afternoon Tea
International Hero burgers
Canadian and Israeli Luminato Food Festival and Taste of Toronto
Indonesian Szechuan Taste of Toronto
Japanese steamed pork bun Momouku





13 comments:

  1. Love the murals and that planter wall! It sure does look like summer in the city. I'll have to visit that library one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get past balcony window cleaning, the bane of our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Great shots. The pancakes look yummy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. St. James particularly impresses me.

    There's a Bob Dylan mural on a pub here... I should really photograph that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sandwich on the Japanese steamed bun looks amazing. There was a Vietnamese sandwich place near me that had sandwiches like that and I loved them dearly. However, they've just gone to a food truck only and the area where food trucks are isn't convenient at all so I don't get down there very much. I miss them so much! The blueberry pancakes look delicious. I had some the other day and realized just how much I love them. I had kind of forgotten about how good they were but there's just something amazing about that burst of blueberry against the sweetness of the pancake. The murals are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of murals. My favorite is the one with roses cascading across the building's entrance. Your yummy food photos make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pizza looks so good - and gluten free?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful place Toronto is! I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great murals. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  10. The murals are cool! I love the blueberry pancakes, those are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the library photo and your balcony is adorable. It looks like such a comfy spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to spend the weekend! And your patio is quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.