Friday, July 1, 2016

My Recipe Box - Strawberry Jam

Ontario strawberries are in season right now and they are sooooo good that I bought more and made jam in my breadmaker this week. 
I am going to make some more using fresh blueberries.




I looked back in my blog archives and found a recipe for jam muffins using bread machine jam.

Ingredients
3 cups of diced strawberries (or fruit of choice)
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice.
2 Tbsp pectin (optional)

Instructions
Cut strawberries in half and gently mash with a potato masher or fork.
Add strawberries to the bread maker with sugar, lemon juice and pectin (if using).
Hit jam setting.
Once the cycle has ended, use baking mitts to pour contents into a bowl and pulse once or twice with a immersion blender.
Pour into jars and let cool before putting on lids and transferring to the fridge.
Usually the jam will thicken in the fridge, but if you prefer a thicker consistency, use the pectin.

This fresh jam will last three week in the fridge. It would be delicious spooned over ice cream as well.

3 comments:

  1. Not normally a strawberry jam fan however this was realllly good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made 25 pints of jam last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother would make strawberry, raspberry, and blueberry jams this time of year, and put it all in the freezer. That would tend to last well through the winter.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.