Friday, September 25, 2015

Saturday Snapshot


West Metro Mommy Reads

Saturday Snapshots is hosted by West Metro Mommy

 Las Vegas NV

I've been intrigued by Chihuly glass ever since I saw my first piece at the Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids MI last summer.



Dale Chihuly (born September 20, 1941), is an American glass sculptor and entrepreneur. His works are considered unique to the field of blown glass, "moving it into the realm of large-scale sculpture," (Museum of Fine Arts, Boston). The technical difficulties of working with glass forms are considerable, yet Chihuly uses it as the primary medium for installations and environmental artwork.

There is a gallery showing/selling his works near the Aria Hotel.






The ceiling at Bellagio is also one of his designs.


Taken in January 2015 at Bellagio.



The Mirage also has some pieces.
I love this royal blue!



7 comments:

  1. This is a genius piece of art. What a real beauty from such a delicate material. The ceiling is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass work like that is so beautiful! Your first picture reminded me of the glass sculpture/chandelier in the entry to the Victoria and Albert in London- I just checked and it's certainly the same artist. I love the ceiling at Bellagio- it reminds me of the Chagall ceiling at the Opera Garnier in Paris. I can't imagine that mere mortals could afford any of his work, but it's nice to dream. They're magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing. I have only seen them from others photos, but I am in awe. Gorgeous Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to the Chihuly Museum of Glass (and Bridge of Glass) in Tacoma, Washington, but haven't made it to the Chihuly Garden in downtown Seattle. That's on my must-do list. His works are amazing. The Tacoma museum allows access to the "hot shop" where you can watch artists work on their glass creations. Fascinating. Thank you for sharing your photos of this beautiful artwork.
    My Saturday Snapshot post is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love unique art, and this does the trick for me. Great colors, too. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful. As Sandra mentioned, there are two Chihuly "attractions" in the Seattle area (about 4 hours from us), but I have yet to get to either one. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a bit of a thing for blown glass too - the bowls are particularly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.